Joomla gallery by joomlashine.com
Eye on Independent Films
Working In The Cloud
Studios and Soundstages
2013 Music & Sound Guide
Boris FX, a leading developer of integrated VFX and workflow technology for video and film, has announced Final Effects Complete Complete 7 AE (FEC 7 AE). Featuring 3D particle effects, a complete range of auto-animating transitions, and unique text and edge treatments, Final Effects Complete AE brings more than 120 designer effects and transitions to Macintosh and Windows versions of Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro CS6, CS5.5, CS5, and CS4. The new Version 7 release features 32-bit float support, integration with After Effects mask path controls, new Beat Reactor integration for Adobe Premiere Pro, and 10 new filters and transitions. Features include:
• 32-Bit Float Precision Color Rendering.Offering smoother blurs, transitions, and other effects while providing the highest quality final image.
• After Effects Mask Path Integration.FEC's Glue Gun, Mr. Mercury, Hair, Glass, and Ball Action filters will be able to follow After Effects mask paths, facilitating creation of "write-on"-style effects.
• Beat Reactor Technology.Available for Adobe Premiere Pro in addition to Adobe After Effects. Built into many FEC AE filters, Beat Reactor makes it easy to generate audio-driven effects.
• FEC Difference Blend. A new filter that replaces the pixels in the bottom layer of video with the corresponding pixels in the top layer of video, giving the appearance that the top image was painted over the bottom image.
• New Transitions include Difference Blend Wipe, Glow Dissolve, Spiral Blur Dissolve, Toner Dissolve, Threshold Dissolve, Threshold RGB Dissolve, Turbulence Dissolve, Vector Blur Dissolve, and Water Waves Dissolve.
Final Effects Complete 7 AE will be available in Q4 2012 for a suggested retail price of $895. Owners of previous versions of Final Effects Complete AE will be able to upgrade for a suggested retail price of $295 USD. A free 14-day trial version will be available from the Boris FX website at www.borisfx.com.
Final Effects Complete 7 AVX for Avid editing systems will follow the Final Effects Complete 7 AE release in Q4 2012. Featuring Beat Reactor for audio-driven effects creation and 10 new filters and transitions, Final Effects Complete 7 AVX will be available for a suggested retail price of $895. Owners of previous versions of Final Effects Complete AVX will be able to upgrade for a suggested retail price of $295 USD.
In the beginning, there was film. Images captured on light-sensitive material that could be shared among many viewers. Later came magnetic material called “videotape” and it was good for many things. Then a revolution! The computer and digital charged onto the field.Read more...
The western states, as a whole, are filled with more scenery than people. There are, of course, pockets of population that skew that logic – Los Angeles, Phoenix, San Diego, Las Vegas, and a few other cities – and they tend to be very urban areas, filled with views that can be found in cities east or west, But the grandeur of the land away from the cities is what attracts film makers from all over the world.Read more...
In the western United States, studios and soundstages often come with a distinguished Hollywood heritage. In Santa Fe, N.M., Garson Studios was founded by an Academy Award-winning actress. In Hollywood, Fox Studios carries the cachet of one of the legendary major studios. Moving north, the stages of San Rafael, Calif.’s 32TEN Studios once hosted Lucasfilm blockbusters, while the new Reno Tahoe Studios in Nevada seeks to establish its own heritage as production incentives promise to attract film and TV business to the state.Read more...
- Unified Video Technologies Introduces Next-Generation Production Flight-Packs
- Rodeo FX Turns To iPi Motion Capture to Create Key Scene in 'Now You See Me'
- Eric Yealland Brings Unique Flair for Comedy Direction to Original
- Schneider Optics Announces Rebate on Cine Xenar III Lenses
- Special Effects Contributed By 32TEN Studios Help Make-A-Wish Come True for 5-Year-Old 'BatKid'
FirstCom Music 2013 Credit Reel
A blue sky sprawls between ridges frosted in deep evergreen, framing Alder Gulch much as when Native American tribes traversed this landscape 800 years ago. The town of Virginia City sprang up virtually overnight in the summer of 1863; within one year, it was the largest city in the Inland Northwest, with an estimated 10,000 residents. These days, few people continue seeking gold in Alder Gulch. But for filmmakers seeking ready-made Old West locations, the towns of Virginia City and Nevada City offer one more chance to strike it rich.
Chrosziel Camera accessories are the professionals choice! Chrosziel's broad range of well built, German designed and manufactured camera accessories offer reliable operation to last your professional career. Matte boxes in a variety of filter sizes and filter stages, with or without a swing away arm, Follow Focuses for smooth and accurate focus pulls with no backlash are available as single or dual sided versions and Vari-Lock, a Chrosziel exclusive, offers you the ability to set hard stops for quick focus pulls. Chrosziel offers a broad line of camera bases including 19mm bridge plates, lens supports and much more for Blackmagic, Canon, JVC, Panasonic, RED & Sony cameras.